Bodybuilding Chest Workout: Combating The Rum And Maple!

Sphere: Related Content
It all feels good, but, for me, exercising some muscle groups is a lot more enjoyable than others. I do not enjoy leg exercises! Worst for me are the calves. Running has always been a form of torture to me, so I guess it makes sense that the parts that were never developed would be the least enjoyable to work on.

In case it isn’t already obvious, I am no dedicated bodybuilder. My enthusiasm comes and goes at more or less regular intervals. I am not competitive. However, that doesn’t mean that I cannot thoroughly enjoy my time at the gym and luxuriate in the feeling of getting those tired, flagging, muscles working again and opening up the old arteries. Even if it means that I never progress beyond the beginner bodybuilding workout stage. The joy is not in the competition; it’s in the moment.

As I was saying, I enjoy some more than others, and I probably enjoy the bodybuilding chest workout the most. The feeling of those chest exercises gets my blood rushing and the heart feeling really good. They get my vote for the routines I enjoy the most. And more than any other, the bodybuilding chest workout gets those lungs opened up and feeling strong, instead of winded and gagging.

Some of the other routines leave me feeling punished and even resentful (dumb, I know), but the reward is in getting to do the others! The bodybuilding chest workout isn’t the only one I enjoy – don’t get that idea! I’m not fixating on bodybuilding chest workouts to the exclusion of anything else. Some workouts may not be firm favourites to look forward to, but while I’m doing them, I enjoy them. Others I really look forward to, then while I’m doing them, I wonder why!

As mentioned before, it’s all good.

Back To The Bodybuilding Chest Workout

Obviously one alternates, but bench press is one of my favourites in any bodybuilding chest workout. On the bench, the wide grip, the narrow grip and the decline bench press. And, of course, dumbbell flyes on a flat bench, an inclined and a declined bench.

Can’t escape the crossover cables in a bodybuilding chest workout, the high crossover cables for the lower pecs and inner pecs, and the low crossover cables for those difficult inner pecs. Nice change after the pushing and squeezing to be pulling for a change! The first few feel like a comparative holiday, until the pecs start objecting.

Then back to pressing in the seated chest presses.

Perhaps the bodybuilding chest workout isn’t all fun after all – but that exhilarating feeling of complete free flow afterwards is SO worth any discomfort!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. hey man nice blog, im starting up my own and am looking for some publicity. id be happy to post a link to yours if you'd do the same for mine. come check it out.
    http://wheresmybicep.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great explanation! thank you very much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete